THE SCRIBBLER


This is a personal collection of poems, short stories and essays that I have written. They are about life......people.....love...... I will post my poems and other short stories from day to day, whenever my muse pays me a visit. Sometimes the work will be in English, and sometimes it will be in Spanish. My muse is also bilingual.

Esta es una colección personal de poemas, cuentos cortos y ensayos que he escrito. Hablan de la vida.......la gente......el amor...... Colocaré mis cuentos y poemas de día a día, cuando mi musa decida visitarme. Agunas veces el trabajo será en inglés, y algunas veces en español. Mi musa también es bilingue.



jueves, 23 de julio de 2009

MY CONVERSATIONS WITH THE DEVIL (PART I)

You should have seen that scenario. I guess I shouldn't expect anything different anyway.
An ample dark room with no apparent walls, and I am sitting on a wooden chair facing a large oval mirror, with a kind of lime light emanating from it. The only thing missing was that cold fog surrounding the place. I thought, well, you can not have everything.

JOSE: I am going to start talking - I said looking at the mirror- before you do.
Otherwise it won't be good for my sanity. I like the mirror trick I must
say, even thought it is not original, it takes away the wandering.

DEVIL: If I represent myself in a specific more conventional way - said the image in
the mirror- I doubt you would take me seriously. Isn't it?

JOSE: You are probably right. I must add that I don't think I am the devil also.

DEVIL: Glad to hear that. So we are in the same page.

JOSE: Okay, let me think.... ummm.... Why I am here? This is not hell. Is it?

DEVIL: No. You can relax "Joseph Garcin". You are still very alive.
Perhaps you have some inquiries you would like to ask.

JOSE: Excellent! My first question. Do you really exists?
It is not for me but you must understand now and age many people don't even
believe in you anymore.

DEVIL: Excellent! It makes my job easier that way.

JOSE: I guess it does.
Why humans? I mean you came from celestial places before where everything was
a big eternal party with all your ethereal bodies.
It is not much better that kind of life?

DEVIL: Describe for me a typical day in your life.

JOSE: Ummmm... Let's see.... I get up, early if I have to go to work, if not I stay
late in bed. Then I have some breakfast or not, sometimes I only have a cup
of coffee. Then I

DEVIL: Enough! You answer your question already.
Your original grandfather did the same, in a way.

JOSE: The way things are now, looks like you are winning. But if I recall the thick
book, it is all a big set up.

DEVIL: If I believe in that script I wouldn't believe I had a chance. Would I?

JOSE: Point taken. I see you have "faith" in yourself.
Tell me, Why are we in the middle of your grudge with The Big Guy?

DEVIL: Because you have the key. Don't you understand?
What you are, what you are able to do is the center of all arguments.

JOSE: I have to take a moment and digest that information because I think I start
to understand now..........

No hay comentarios.: