THE SCRIBBLER


This is a personal collection of poems, short stories and essays that I have written. They are about life......people.....love...... I will post my poems and other short stories from day to day, whenever my muse pays me a visit. Sometimes the work will be in English, and sometimes it will be in Spanish. My muse is also bilingual.

Esta es una colección personal de poemas, cuentos cortos y ensayos que he escrito. Hablan de la vida.......la gente......el amor...... Colocaré mis cuentos y poemas de día a día, cuando mi musa decida visitarme. Agunas veces el trabajo será en inglés, y algunas veces en español. Mi musa también es bilingue.



miércoles, 20 de enero de 2010

BROWN COWS AND CHOCOLATE MILK

I don't know exactly how to start this next story. So I just going to tell you.
I have two children, Jonathan and Melissa. I guess the best part of being a parent is when you watch them grow up since they are very little because this is the time when you can appreciate better their innocence. My daughter loves milk, and she loves chocolate milk more. So one day, few years back, when we were visiting relatives in El Salvador, we went to a farm to enjoy the day and see all the farm animals roaming freely on the ground. In Canada, unless you live in a farm you have to visit a fair to see these animals in cages or in enclosed areas. Anyway, while Jonathan was busy chasing the chickens and ducks, Melissa was very close to the cows. I approached her and asked which one she liked the most. She said: "I like the brown cows of course, Daddy".
I reply asking why she preferred the brown cows.
And then she said: "Daddy! Everybody knows that from brown cows come chocolate milk!"
I just stood there without knowing what to say and holding back my laughter, I smiled and said: "Of course darling, everybody knows that."

No hay comentarios.: